About Me

My photo
New Delhi, Delhi, India
Green Team is a group of students and young professionals committed to Save Earth by building a platform where people from all walks of life come together to form a network and work at the Grass-root level to save our planet Earth. We want to join hands with the common man by spreading awareness. Let's build a green future... GREEN IS ON..!!

Green Search

Friday, September 10, 2010

Speed Of Sound

Hello All.

Since my posts have drawn a miserably feeble response from so-called ‘keepers of the green’, I have decided to change my approach to lure you into deliberation.

To get you moving to the rhythm of nature, my post today infers the gist of our campaign for environmental conservation vis-à-vis the lyrics of Coldplay’s song called ‘Speed of Sound’.

How long before I get in?

Before it starts, before I begin

How long before you decide?

Before I know what it feels like.

And we wait…until the rivers flow venomously and the skies shower the acid rain. Surely we want to act heroes, by jumping around like John Cussack of 2010 or Pierce Brosnan of Dante’s Peak, in a world confronted with disaster, but we may do nothing to prevent it from happening.

Where to? Where do I go?

If you've never tried then you'll never know


How long do I have to climb

Up on the side of this mountain of mine?

We are lost, without motivation and zest. And even if few of us are trying our bit, we don’t know how well are efforts are going through. It seems a formidable task, and we are already too tired to go on.

Look up, I look up at night

Planets are moving at the speed of light

Climb up, up in the trees

Every chance that you get is a chance you seize.

Events have been set into motion that threatens to annihilate our very existence, and if we fail to act now, we are just leaving our existence to chance.

How long am I gonna stand

With my head stuck under the sand?

I'll stop before I can stop

Or before I see things the right way up.

Who knows when we are going to break this habit, of taking the bull by its horns, by running head on into a storm? It’s about time we start seeing things as they are rather than seeing them as we want them to be.

Ideas that you'll never find

Or the inventors could never design

The buildings that you put up

Or Japan and China, all lit up




The sign that I couldn't read

Or a light that I couldn't see

Some things you have to believe


But others are puzzles, puzzling me.

It takes a simple idea to get the wheels rolling, and once you’ve decided to walk the green path, there’s no looking back.

All that noise and all that sound

All those places I got found




And birds go flying at the speed of sound

To show you how it all began

Birds came flying from the underground


If you could see it then you'd understand


Oh, when you see it then you'll understand.

Spread the awareness, carry forth the ideals of being eco-friendly, all of us are the agents of change, our thoughts are like birds set free, crossing boundaries and prejudice...spreading the awareness.




- Green Lantern

No comments: